Friday, June 4, 2010

If You Need Directions, Just Call Your Mother...

I am a human search engine for my children (and often for my husband).

It started when we stopped using the actual yellow pages and started using the internet yellow pages. When we started looking up directions on Google Maps, we really got hooked and couldn’t go anywhere new without them.  Now when my children are out and about, and need to find a place, they usually end up calling me and I hear that familiar request: “can you look up directions and/or a phone number for me?”.   Recently I received a request from one daughter who was out with friends for dinner in Colorado Springs for movie times in Denver (which they never ended up going to, by the way).  I even got a call from a friend of my daughter's once, trying to find the location to a conference up in Boulder. Luckily I was home, so I got on the computer and helped her find where she was going!  Just add "search engine" to the list of all the jobs mom's do to come up with a new 21st century job description!

I usually have pretty good idea where I am going most of the time as I am a Denver native, but if I'm looking for some place new, it can be pretty sad.  So much new growth, especially out in Aurora, makes it hard to find places sometimes, then Google comes in very handy!  
 
I do give better directions than this (usually)!

1 comment:

  1. Usually, the request begins with "... are you at home right now?" Haha... We so appreciate being able to call you for directions!

    ReplyDelete